M-am mutat in casa noua!

Veti fi redirectionat automat in 4 secunde. Daca nu functioneaza redirectionarea, va rog vizitati
http://tarameainventata.net/lecturi
Multumesc!

joi, 2 octombrie 2008

Booking through Thursday


What, in your opinion, is the best book that you haven’t liked? Mind you, I don’t mean your most-hated book–oh, no. I mean the most accomplished, skilled, well-written, impressive book that you just simply didn’t like.

Like, for movies–I can acknowledge that Citizen Kane is a tour de force and is all sorts of wonderful, cinematically speaking, but . . . I just don’t like it. I find it impressive and quite an accomplishment, but it’s not my cup of tea.

So . . . what book (or books) is your Citizen Kane?

My most decided and definite answer yet: Ulysses by James Joyce. By far the book that tortured me most, the book that I spent most time on and the one I hated the most. I tried so hard to like it because it's such a huge piece of literature but whatever I did, I ended up resenting it and I still think it's just a bunch of uselessly jammed up information.

1 Comentário:

SmilingSally spunea...

I have three other titles for my answer. Please come visit. Happy BTT.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Human Calendar

Cititori

Read in 2008

Tara mea inventata © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO