M-am mutat in casa noua!

Veti fi redirectionat automat in 4 secunde. Daca nu functioneaza redirectionarea, va rog vizitati
http://tarameainventata.net/lecturi
Multumesc!

joi, 25 septembrie 2008

Booking through Thursday


What was the most unusual (for you) book you ever read? Either because the book itself was completely from out in left field somewhere, or was a genre you never read, or was the only book available on a long flight… whatever? What (not counting school textbooks, though literature read for classes counts) was furthest outside your usual comfort zone/familiar territory?

And, did you like it? Did it stretch your boundaries? Did you shut it with a shudder the instant you were done? Did it make you think? Have nightmares? Kick off a new obsession?

There has been a few books that I thought were unusual or outside my comfort zone as you put it but since I'm only supposed to talk about one of them I'll choose one that I read this year. It is a book by Ryu Murakami, an author who attracted me only because of the coincidence of having the same name as Haruki Murakami whose amazing books I greatly appreciate.

However, Almost Transparent Blue disappointed and completely took me by surprise in the worst way. It id nothing but mindless talk about sex and drugs. Almost disgusted me.

2 Comentários:

SmilingSally spunea...

I don't like that kind of book either. Come visit to see my answer. Happy BTT day!

Confuzzled Shannon spunea...

Yeah that doesn't sound like a good book. Strangest for me was Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Human Calendar

Cititori

Read in 2008

Tara mea inventata © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO