M-am mutat in casa noua!

Veti fi redirectionat automat in 4 secunde. Daca nu functioneaza redirectionarea, va rog vizitati
http://tarameainventata.net/lecturi
Multumesc!

joi, 4 septembrie 2008

Booking through Thursday



I picked this up on my favorite book-related blog. The ideea is that you answer one book-related question every Thursday. I don't know if I can follow it every Thursday, but once in a while should be fun. Here's the question for this week:

I was looking through books yesterday at the shops and saw all the Twilight books, which I know basically nothing about. What I do know is that I’m beginning to feel like I’m the *only* person who knows nothing about them.

Despite being almost broke and trying to save money, I almost bought the expensive book (Australian book prices are often completely nutty) just because I felt the need to be ‘up’ on what everyone else was reading.

Have you ever felt pressured to read something because ‘everyone else’ was reading it? Have you ever given in and read the book(s) in question or do you resist? If you are a reviewer, etc, do you feel it’s your duty to keep up on current trends?

Mostly I couldn't care less what's in fashion in what concerns books. Most of the times it's just commercial stuff that I don't like. However, I do fall into sin sometimes and the first examples that come to mind are when I read Bridget Jones and The Da Vinci Code. I can't say they were disastrous readings but they weren't anything I couldn't do without though.

2 Comentários:

-.- spunea...

I agree about not giving into the commercial stuff. Sometimes the books are good, other times it seems like it's over-hyped.

Plus the books are either expensive or the wait list is too long at the library. :p

~ Popin

Diana B. spunea...

This is a good point, about the price. They are always expensive at first but if you really want to read them, and you are patient they will become cheaper sooner or later.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Human Calendar

Cititori

Read in 2008

Tara mea inventata © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO